Dear Clients, Partners, Providers and Respondents,
It is with gratitude and a great sense of responsibility that Nichols Research’s owners and team members at all levels engage in practices that anticipate the needs of our stakeholders by supplying marketing research that inspires and delivers solutions.
We are a company steeped in a rich history of “giving back” through thought leadership, philanthropic participation in our communities and the marketing research industry. It’s through these acts that we remain relevant and involved with the protection of the profession…with a focus on strict adherence to best practices and codes of conduct.
With an infusion of a fun culture and never-ending revitalization of our strategic plan, Nichols Research promises to provide the premium service the brand name has demanded for almost four decades, while also expanding our services, investing in technology and looking to the future to provide more valuable answers than ever for decision-making. Think of us as a 40-year old company in start-up mode!
These are a few of our favorite words – which can be found pinned in many of our internal creative spaces (serving, in part, as a foundation for our company’s culture): Ethical. Curious. Insatiable. Edgy. Creative. Strategic. Destructive. Ambassadors. Inspiring. Masterminds. Fun. Positive. Solution-oriented. Storytellers. Non-complacent. Collaborative. Diverse. Fair. Vigilant. Transparent.
At Nichols Research our core values reflect what we believe in and what we do. To achieve this, we promise (among other things) to:
- Be a pathway to decisions;
- Be mindful, transparent and humane in our business; with clients, personnel, partners and each other;
- Be a company who encourages, supports and participates in philanthropic community activities;
- Care about the satisfaction and growth (personally, professionally and financially) of our team;
- Maintain an infrastructure that supports people being excited to come to work every day…and making a difference;
- Start with yes and talk each other out of it;
- Believe the problem is never the problem;
- Have fun – even on hard days – ridiculousness and laughter is mandatory;
- Be insatiable and crush everything we do. (We take risks, some of which are more successful than others, but failure is not in our DNA. There’s always a lesson.);
- Look to the future for short- and long-term growth and not be complacent through yesterday’s success;
- Feel like a kindred unit of one but be managed as an innovative business, with operating and marketing plans, budgets, growth strategies, etc.; and
- Never forget who we are or what our vision is – we will always stay true to our integrity and mission.
Thank you for entrusting us with helping you on your path to gaining or sharing insights and strategies.
Amy Shields, PRC
P.S. We thought it would be fun to share what some of our favorite industry leaders had to say upon learning about the acquisition of Nichols Research, Inc. by AMS Ventures, Inc. dba Nichols Research!
“I was excited to learn that two of my favorite people were launching the new Nichols Research. I have known and worked with Michael and Amy for much of my marketing research career, and they are some of the most genuine and talented people I know. When the need arises, I will not hesitate to give Nichols a call.
I predict a very bright future for Nichols Research. Amy and Michael are winners and, more importantly, they are some of the best people I have ever met. I am expecting them to do great things with Nichols.
My business demands I work with talented people and reliable companies, but I prefer to also work with people I respect and trust. That’s why I’m excited about the new Nichols Research. With Amy and Michael in charge, I know I can get great quality and good people!
Wow! Michael Mermelstein and Amy Shields are behind the new Nichols Research. This is going to be awesome.”
Senior Manager, Head of Insights, Dan Womack, AFLAC
“I was thrilled to learn that Amy and Michael went into business together. I cannot think of two more hard working, quality driven and downright good and giving people in this industry. I wish both of you and your CFO, Steve, all the best in this amazing venture.”
Senior Vice President, Janet Baldi, RTi Research
“It was very exciting to hear that Amy, Michael and Steve are now the proud new owners of Nichols Research. I have known and worked alongside these individuals for many years and can say with certainty that they are inspiring, intelligent and dedicated marketing research professionals. They will absolutely advance the quality reputation that Nichols Research has enjoyed for decades and I look forward to working with them well into the future.”
President, Merrill Shugoll, PRC, Shugoll Research