CONDUCTING RESEARCH DURING COVID-19
Changes due to COVID-19 have caused many in the research industry to “scramble” to adapt to how research can be conducted during this uncertain period. For Nichols Research this “new norm” highlights many of the methodologies and services that we have been providing for decades, including: calmness under pressure, caring for our clients and each other, and our experience with must-do approaches outside of in-person research. With a staff comprised of people with years of work-from-home experience, Nichols Research is able to conduct all aspects of marketing research.
We continue to be fully operational and to provide:
- Recruiting in markets across the United States for online qualitative projects, by seasoned recruiters working remotely
- Conducting UX research online
- Conducting telephone interviews with our in-house CATI system with a robust team of seasoned interviewers working remotely
- Programming and hosting online surveys
- Providing our customized, secure online platform for clients who are experienced with online and for those who are new to online qualitative
- Including video streaming, instant video/audio recording, transcripts, breakout rooms, collaboration tools, and more
- National and international field management
- Moderating online qualitative projects using techniques that include webcams, chats, bulletin boards, in-depth interviews, and more
We have always and will always work to support our clients and the research that still needs to be conducted.
There is a robust and multi-faceted discussion about the value of research conducted during this pandemic:
- While research participants remain interested, willing to participate and engaged, it’s best to address COVID-19 at the beginning of qualitative discussions, regardless of the platform. This provides an environment of trust and honestly, allowing participants to express any frustrations and levity they’re feeling prior to the beginning of the research.
- It is still appropriate and the right time to conduct many types of research, which yield valid and much-needed insights. However, it’s more complicated today than at any time in memory. For many industries and segments, this has been identified as a time that more research needs to be conducted, while for others it might not be as appropriate. Hopefully, we’re all looking to garner information that will help inform plans for our organizations in the future in ways we likely haven’t before.
- It’s important to work with companies that have experience in areas such as remote workforce (telecommuting), online platforms for qualitative and quantitative, telephone, and many other vital areas during this era of non-travel. It is a great time for innovation, but not necessarily the time for inexperience or experimentation with such high stakes.
We are serious about our obligation as your partner and ally on the pathway to decisions. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing research you are either ready to conduct, or to brainstorm and address questions you have about research you are considering. We are here to help guide you through this new world with several non-face-to-face options.
Most importantly, we are focused on solutions and ensuring that everyone involved in the research process remains safe, calm, and healthy.
Dear Clients, Partners, Providers, and Respondents,
It is with gratitude and a great sense of responsibility that Nichols Research’s owners and personnel engage in practices that anticipate the needs of our stakeholders by supplying marketing research that inspires and delivers solutions.
With the infusion of a fun new culture and a revitalized strategic plan, Nichols Research provides the premium service the brand name has demanded for almost four decades, while also expanding our services, investing in technology and looking to the future to ensure more valuable answers than ever for decision-making.
These are a few of our favorite words which are pinned in many of our internal creative spaces serving, in part, as a foundation for our company’s culture: Ethical. Curious. Insatiable. Edgy. Creative. Strategic. Destructive. Ambassadors. Inspiring. Masterminds. Fun. Positive. Solution-oriented. Storytellers. Non-complacent. Sexy. Collaborative. Diverse. Fair. Vigilant. Transparent.
To the benefit of all of our stakeholders, we promise to:
- Be a pathway to decisions.
- Be mindful, transparent and humane in our business — with clients, personnel, partners and each other.
- Be a company who encourages, supports and participates in philanthropic community activities.
- Care about the satisfaction and growth — personally, professionally and financially — of our team.
- Maintain an infrastructure that supports people being excited to come to work every day and making a difference.
- Start with yes and talk each other out of it.
- Believe the problem is never the problem — state the problem but focus on the solution.
- Have fun even on hard days — some ridiculousness and laughter are mandatory!
- Be insatiable and crush everything we do. Take risks, some of which are more successful than others, but failure is not in our DNA. There’s always a lesson.
- Look to the future for short- and long-term growth and not be complacent through yesterday’s success.
- Feel like a family but be managed as an innovative business, with operating and marketing plans, budgets, growth strategies, etc.
- Never forget who we are or what our vision is; stay true to our integrity and mission.
- Be equal opportunity collaborators, not too good or afraid to get our hands dirty.
Thank you for entrusting us with helping you on your path to gaining or sharing insights and strategies.
Amy Shields, PRC